CE Approved Facial Aesthetics 101 Series (FA 101)
A robust aesthetics training program for practitioners looking to gain an understanding of facial aesthetics and the different treatments in aesthetic medicine. Participants learn facial anatomy and physiognomy, and receive comprehensive training in Botox and dermal fillers.
Training videos, demos, and case studies
17 CE/CME credits available
ABOUT THE COURSE
Students can sign up for each module separately (INTRO 101, BTX 101, and DF 101) if they do not want to complete the full FA 101 Series.
STUDENTS MUST BE A CURRENTLY LICENSED:
(DDS, DMD, BDS)
FACIAL AESTHETICS 101 SERIES INCLUDES:
Introduction to Aesthetics 101
Introduction to Aesthetics 101 online program starts with a brief introduction describing how the art of facial aesthetics directly ties into the field of facial aesthetics. This program introduces members to the concept of facial BeautiΦication, with an emphasis on the Greek symbol Φ, which represents Phi, described in this program as the Golden Ratio of Beauty. This program also introduces members to the ideal facial dimensions and how they relate to the overall appearance of the face. In addition, this program provides an in-depth look at the facial anatomy described as Facenatomy. Lastly, members will understand the aging process and how to apply the 4R’s of Aesthetics to restore beauty and youth in the face. Dr. Sam Assassa provides his knowledge and professional expertise with over 2-hours of lecture and training video content.
Introduction to Aesthetics 101 Online Program includes the following sections:
- Introduction to Aesthetics
- Facial Beautification
- Ideal Facial Dimensions
- The Aging Process
- The 4R’s of Aesthetics
Criteria for Success
This Aesthetics Master Online Program is an online aesthetics program that combines all of the above topics providing a comprehensive approach to facial aesthetics. In order to receive credit, participants should watch all videos in each section and complete each online exam that follow. A passing score of 70% on the exam is required to receive credit. Following the last exam, you will be required to fill out an online evaluation. A certificate will immediately be available to print and also emailed to you to the email provided upon successful completion of the exams and evaluation. In addition, successful members will receive a virtual badge of completion showcasing their achievements.
- Access to all online learning materials
- One year Basic membership ($149 savings, issued upon course completion)
- Option to upgrade to Associate membership for $149 ($100 savings) or Fellow membership for $349 ($550 savings)
- Option to earn 17 CE/CME credits
Upon completion of this aesthetic course, students will be able to:
- Identify the anatomy and physiology of the face, with special attention to blood vessels and nerves so they can be avoided during treatment.
- Recognize the important structures of the face with regards to botulinum toxin and its appropriate use.
- Identify key facial muscles and formulate a treatment plan to inject botulinum toxin based on the units of botulinum toxin to use in mixing and administration.
- Inject botulinum toxin safely and reduce the risk of complications.
- Recognize the important structures of the face with regards to dermal fillers and their appropriate uses.
- Identify key facial muscles and fat layers to build a treatment plan based on how much filler substance to use per area.
- Apply different filler injection techniques for optimal patient outcomes while avoiding/reducing the risk of complications.
Dr. Sam Assassa, M.D.,
President of The American Association of Aesthetic Medicine and Surgery (AAAMS)
Dr. Sam Assassa is a world-renowned non-invasive and aesthetic cosmetic surgery specialist. In 1995, he founded Beverly Hills Aesthetics, a cosmetic surgery center providing clients with non-invasive surgical and laser services in the comfort of his state-of-the-art facility. Dr. Assassa has extensive experience in minimally invasive medical and surgical aesthetics, has performed over 25,000 aesthetic procedures, and has lectured in over 15 countries in 3 continents to over 5,000 delegates. He is an avid contributor to the global advancement of innovative liposuction techniques and medical aesthetic procedures.
CE/CME provided by Oakstone Publishing
REVIEWED FOR RE-RELEASE: December 1, 2022
DATE CREDITS EXPIRE: December 1, 2024
DATE OF ORIGINAL RELEASE: June 01, 2016
For full information on this activity, please visit our CME & CE Accreditation page.